Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Warning: My keyboard is a bit wonky. I'm having a few issues with the keys. Mostly the "t" key. Sorry in advance for typos. 

It's been a while since I've done one of these.  Here's what I've been working on lately:


A black Citron! I wanted something simple after I finished my Trinity Shawl. This fits the bill nicely, although I have to pay attention to my row count. It might qualify for the most delicate thing I've worked on to date. Now if I could just see the stitches while I'm knitting, I'd love it. I don't know what I was thinking picking black yarn. Silly me. Our house gets pretty dark after the sun sets, and we're having problems finding bulbs for the track lighting. So now it's a big room with just a few lights, and I can't knit anything in a dark colorway after a certain point in the day.


A Honeycomb Pullover in a blue green color. I love this color. I've wanted to make this sweater since I saw the pattern in Bruce Weinstein's book, Boyfriend Sweaters. It's just so lovely. I'm having gauge issues, but that's to be expected. I'm starting with a sleeve in the hopes that I can sort it out easily enough. If not...well then I'll go back to looking for patterns. This one's for me, so it's definitely sitting on the back burner until I can make some progress on my Holiday gift knits list. 


A black cardigan for my father. This is my first top down and/or raglan sweater. I'm actually really liking it. Even knowing it's going to take ages to knit up. It sits in my yarn bowl next to my chair. I'm hoping to have it done by December. (Let me have my delusions.) It's going to be my between projects project. Plus, it's also in black, so I can only work on it when it's light enough to see the stitches. It's all grand though. I love a bit of a challenge. Even if it runs into my Holiday knitting time. 


What have you been working on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment