Thursday, May 9, 2013

Knitting WIP Updates and Doctor Who Love

This post is mostly words, with little in the way of pictures. I apologize in advance.

I've been knitting a bunch of stuff lately. Moving back and fourth between several projects for the last few weeks. If you were to look at my Ravelry notebook, I have seven projects on the needles right now. The truth is I'm really only working on three things right this moment.

Yes, I'm still working on the stupid scratch mitts but they're driving me crazy so I haven't touched them. The original pair just needs to be seemed up. I'm still working on a revamping of the pattern in my head but they just frustrate me so they've been banished to The Project Bag of Shame. It's right next to The Project Bag of This Can Wait and The Project Bag of I'm too Terrified to Continue.

That last one hold my sweater. I haven't touched it since the beginning of March or so. I want to add length to the sweater but I can't remember what I was doing to add length. I just know I haven't started decreases or any kind of shaping yet, so as long as I can figure it out I should be good.

I made a few WIP tags so I could keep notes and stuff together with my projects as a result of the sweater confusion. Just wish I'd had them earlier. Here's a picture of the one I'm using for a hat I'm making.


I've taken to writing simple patterns for things or stitch repeats on the back. Or just general adjustment notes. I'm finding them almost very useful. There's just something about them that's not quite perfect and I can't figure out what it is....

Any way, I started this post because I've been knitting lots lately. I've just been knitting mostly gifts for people. While I want to tell you all about what I've been knitting, but well, spoilers. So they'll have to wait. But don't worry, there'll be posts once I've given them off to people.

That's about all I have to say. Oh, and I found these this past weekend and just had to have them. Just because.

Alright, I had to have them because bow ties are cool! Aren't they just awesome? I've had to re-arrange my earrings and add a blue stud to each ear instead of my typical three barbells in each, but it's totally worth it.

What are you knitting? Am I the only one trying to knit a Mother's Day gift without their mother knowing? The earrings: love 'em or hate 'em?

If you'd like to talk with me directly about anything, you can send me a message here, or through email at teacupsandradios(at)gmail(dot)com .

No comments:

Post a Comment