Monday, May 13, 2013

Diamonds Are Forever Take Two

When I originally posted my pattern for the Diamond Baby Blanket, I intended to include written out directions. I was running out of time and wanted to get the post up, so I only included a chart for the pattern. I always intended to add written instructions after posting it, but time got away from me, and I never got around to it. Someone actually had to ask on Ravelry before I remembered. Bad BP, no cookies for me. I'm posting them separately here with a link to the original pattern, but I'll also add them to the original post. Sorry it took this long, but here they are!


Written Instructions for the Diamonds are Forever Baby Blanket

CO: 128 Stitches (or a multiple of 10 + 8).
Knit 8 rows.
Row 1: Knit 4 stitches, place marker, K 4, *Purl 2, K8, repeat from * to last eight stitches, K 4, pm, K4.
Row 2: K 4, slip marker, P 4, *K 2, P8, repeat from * to four stitches from marker, P 4, sm, K4.
Row 3: K 4, sm, K 3, P 4, *K 6, P 4,repeat from * to three stitches from marker, K 3, sm, K4.
Row 4: K 4, sm, P 3, K 4, *P 6, K 4,repeat from * to three stitches from marker, P 3, sm, K4.
Row 5: K 4, sm, K 2, P 6, *K 4, P 6, repeat from * to two stitches from marker, K 2, sm, K4.
Row 6: K 4, sm, P 2, K 6, *P 4, K 6, repeat from * to two stitches from marker, P 2, sm, K4.
Row 7: K 4, sm, K 1, P 8, *K 2, P 8, repeat from * to one stitch from marker, K 1, sm, K4.
Row 8: K 4, sm, P1, K 8, *P 2, K 8, repeat from * to one stitch from marker, P 1, sm, K4.
Row 9: K 4, sm, Purl all stitches to marker, sm, K4.
Row 10: K 4, sm, Knit all stitches to marker, sm, K4.
Row 11: Same as Row 7
Row 12: Same as Row 8
Row 13: Same as Row 5
Row 14: Same as Row 6
Row 15: Same as Row 3
Row 16: Same as Row 4
Row 17: K 4, slip marker, K 4, *P 2, K8, repeat from * to four stitches from marker, K 4, sm, K4. (Or Same as Row 1 but slip the markers instead of placing them.)
Row 18: Same as Row 2
Row 19: Same as Row 10
Row 20: Same as Row 9

Repeat Rows 1 - 20 to desired length.
Knit 8 rows.
Cast off.


I hope this helps those who don't like charts. Let me know if you have any questions about the chart, written instructions, any part of the pattern, or anything else. You can send me a message here, or through email at teacupsandradios(at)gmail(dot)com .

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing out the instructions.....I'm getting to old to make pics into words.....lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.....and if you note my surname, you'll understand the depth of my gratitude, since this is for a Great Grandsweetie......to remember who he comes from......

    ReplyDelete