Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WIP Wednesday 2

I've been working on a worsted weight version of the Diamonds Are Forever Baby Blanket. I finished one in orange, but you'll hear more about that later. Right now I'm working on this purple one with a deadline for sometime in early June I think. Should be plenty of time really, but I'm dragging my feet on it. I stopped mid row on the 12th, and haven't had the urge to get back to it. It's just sitting in my yarn bowl taking up space.


I've also been working on scratch mitts for my soon-to-be nephew. I took this pattern from Easy Baby Knits by Claire Montgomerie and tweaked it so it went from a flat pattern to a round pattern. I'm not a big fan of garter stitch in the round, although I see how it could be easier when knitting in the flat.
I've decided to try and work my scratch mitts from the top down but I've still got some work to do. My first attempt is on the left, and the original is on the right. I have a feeling somebody's going to get a bunch of mismatched scratch mitts from constantly reworking the pattern until I get something I like. Preferably something that requires less seaming and weaving in ends. There's enough of that in my future for the time being.
Dad asked for a cotton hat for the summer. All the hats I've made him so far are wool. This is also reworking a pattern. Seems to be a lot of that going around lately.

Maggie did not appreciate my taking pictures in the sunbeam. It's her sunbeam and therefore my knitting does not belong in it. Unless it's big enough and soft enough for her to sit on, which this hat in progress is not.  If you can't tell, she's giving it her patented death glare.
It took the hint and moved. Much better now. She can go back to sleeping and I can go back to being frustrated by my knitting. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment